Second Harvest of South Georgia is governed by a board of exceptional, diverse community leaders committed to fighting hunger in South Georgia. These volunteers are respected in their various fields and are influential not just locally but on a state and often national level.
The 2013 Board of Directors is composed of:
- Dr. Chet Ballard, Chairman – Professor of Sociology, Valdosta State University
- Jerome Tucker – Founder, Southeast Agricultural Coalition; Former Lowndes County Commissioner
- Phyllis Hiers – Retired Educator & Adjunct Instructor, Valdosta State University
- William Holland – Attorney & Partner, Coleman Talley, LLC
- JoAnn Jones – Retired Social Worker & Educator
- Burke Murph, II – Agent, New York Life
- Frank Richards – CEO, Second Harvest of South Georgia
- Hon. Jim Tunison – Superior Court Judge, Southern Circuit
The board may be reached at email@example.com.