Second Harvest of South Georgia has put the following protocols in place in response to the novel Coronavirus outbreak as of March 23, 2020.
All employees, volunteers, and visitors are screened prior to entering the building. Individuals who are suspected of having COVID-19 or of having been directly exposed to the virus will immediately be removed from our campus and sent for COVID-19 screening.
Return to Work Criteria for Employees with Confirmed or Suspected COVID-19 (derived from the CDC Guidance for Healthcare Personnel)
Second Harvest staff members suspected of having COVID-19 or in direct contact with infected individuals will be sent for screening immediately. If they do not meet criteria for testing, we will follow the CDC’s non-test-based strategy for returning to work. Staff members will be excluded from work until:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery. Recovery is defined as the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath); and
- At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
If staff members were never tested for COVID-19 but have an alternate diagnosis (e.g. tested positive for strep, influenza, etc.), criteria for returning to work will be based on that diagnosis.
After returning to work, staff will:
- Wear a facemask at all times while in the facility until all symptoms are resolved or until 14 days after illness onset, whichever is longer
- Be restricted from contact with child feeding operations, partner agencies, volunteers, and immunocompromised staff until 14 days after illness onset
- Adhere to hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette in CDC’s interim infection control guidance (cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues in waste receptacles)
- Self-monitor for symptoms, and seek re-evaluation from medical professional if symptoms recur or worsen
If you have questions about our protocols pertaining to the novel coronavirus COVID-19, please contact us at 229-244-2678 x 1101.