Hi everyone! Here are some details and reminders for Kickoff. Please read this ENTIRE document carefully. We will be very busy that week. Both staff and volunteers will be doing the best we can to make things move quickly. Your patience and good manners will be much appreciated. Keep in mind that, during Kickoff, Hannah and Eliza will not be able to respond to calls, texts, Facebook posts/messages, or emails until the end of each day.
• Teachers Harvest is located at 1411 Harbin Circle, Valdosta, GA 31601. The entrance is at the rear of the building. Parking is located in the grass lots behind the building ONLY. Do NOT park in any of the paved areas (street, cul de sac, loading dock, front parking lot). Parking in the front of the building is reserved for Second Harvest staff and food bank partner agencies. PLEASE consider carpooling as parking is limited.
• You must present credentials to participate.
o If we have a 2018-19 staff roster for your school, you only need to bring your photo ID. We will be posting a list of which schools have sent in rosters in our TH Facebook group.
o If we do NOT have a roster for your school, please bring proof of identity and employment. If your employee ID badge has a photograph AND your title, that will suffice. If not, bring a photo ID and documentation that indicates your title (e.g. Teacher) like a contract or a letter from your administrator.
o Pay stubs will NOT be accepted as proof of employment.
• You may NOT leave children unsupervised in your vehicle or outside while you wait/shop. Older children do not count as supervision. Your children are welcome to accompany you while shopping. Additionally, no pets are allowed on the premises (including left in your vehicle).
• You may bring a guest or helper to assist you with boxes. We cannot guarantee that we will have adequate volunteers to assist everyone.
• Bring water, sunscreen, snacks, etc. We are doing and will continue to do our best to minimize your wait, but some standing in line is unavoidable.
• There are NO appointment times. If you are on the confirmed Opening Day registration list, you may come any time during that day. If you registered for one of the other days, you may may come any time during the remainder of Kickoff. Eligible teachers may also come during the remainder of the week without registering online.
• Keep in mind that inventory will be the same all week. You don’t have to be the first one in line to get good items.
• The last shopper each day will be taken 30 minutes prior to closing. The line will be cut off at that point.
• You may shop ONE time during Kickoff.
• Our building is a working warehouse. We ask that you use good judgment with regards to safety. There will be large trucks and heavy machinery at work within the building and on our campus at all times during the day. Be aware of your surroundings.