Second Harvest needs volunteers daily at our Valdosta location beginning Tuesday, March 17 at 8:30 AM to assist with things like packing emergency pantry boxes. This will differ from our normal volunteer specifications. PLEASE read the following details on this process.
- We will be limiting to 50 volunteers each day. These volunteers will be working in small, distanced groups.
- Volunteers MUST email SHurst(AT)FeedingSGA.org or call (229) 244-2678 x 1102 to register. You will receive email confirmation of your registration. Please do NOT show up unless you receive this confirmation.
- Volunteers must be between the ages of 13 and 55.
- Volunteers must:
- be in good health and exhibiting no symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, congestion, etc.)
- not have been in contact with someone suspected of carrying COVID-19
- not be in regular direct contact with a high-risk population (elderly, immuno-compromised, those who’ve traveled to high risk areas)
- be able to stand for several hours at the time
- be able to lift more than 20 pounds
- Volunteers will be screened for symptoms as they enter the building.
- Volunteers will be required to wear gloves while handling the food.
- Volunteers must NOT wear open toed shoes or tank tops.
Second Harvest of South Georgia will be taking precautions to ensure the safety of our volunteers, our staff, and the clients we serve. Cleanliness and safety are mainstays of our operation, but we will be santizing and disinfecting frequently. We are in contact with South Health District of DPH and will continue to monitor and implement best practices for the health and safety of our community.